FACTORIES AND MACHINERY (STEAM BOILER AND
UNFIRED PRESSURE VESSEL)
Regulation 79. Repairs.
(1) An owner or other person shall not, unless approval has been given by an Inspector, make or
cause to be made any repair to any steam boiler or unfired pressure vessel where such repair
involves the cutting, welding, patching or riveting of any member thereof which is subject to a
stress induced by fluid pressure.
(2) Where any steam boiler or unfired pressure vessel repair necessitates welding, the metallic
arc process shall be used.
(3) Welding shall not be used to repair any part of a fitting which is made of cast iron and is
subject to fluid pressure.
(4) Where repair has been made to a steam boiler or unfired pressure vessel such boiler or
vessel shall not be placed in service except with the approval of an Inspector.
(5) For the purpose of this regulation "repair" does not include normal maintenance work or boiler
tube renewals not exceeding ten per centum of the total number of tubes.
Copyright © 2004 PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.