P.U. (A) 5/70
FACTORIES AND MACHINERY (STEAM BOILER
AND UNFIRED PRESSURE VESSEL)
CODES, RULES AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR
DESIGN, METHOD OF
CONSTRUCTION, WORKMANSHIP AND TESTS
1. British Standard No. 1113-Water-tube Boilers and their Integral Superheaters.
2. British Standard No. 2790-Cylindrical Land Steam Boilers of Welded Construction (other than water tube).
3. British Standard No. 1894-Electrode Boilers.
4. The appropriate provisions of any British Standard relating to the construction of steam boilers.
5. Part 5 of Rules and Regulations for the Classification of Ships of Lloyds Register.
6. The Indian Boilers Regulations.
7. Australian Standard No. 1228-Pressure Equipment-Boilers.
8. Section I (Power Boilers) of the Boiler and Unfired Pressure Vessel Code of the American Society of
9. Swedish Pressure Vessel Code with the condition that the inspection or survey during construction of the
vessel is carried out by Inspectors or inspection authorities recognised by Angpanneforeningen (the Swedish
Steam Users' Association) including the Technical X-ray Centre and the Swedish National Board of Industrial
10. Boilers-Technische Regeln fur Dampfkessel (TRD) (Technical Regulation for Boilers) with the condition that
the inspection or survey during construction of the vessel is carried out by any of the following:
(a) Members of the Vereinigung der Technischen Uberwachungs-Vereine e.V., Essen, the Federal
Republic of Germany;
(b) TUV Industrie Service GmbH, TUV Rheinland Group, Cologne;
(c) TUV Suddeutschland Group, Munich;
(d) Groupement des APAVE, Paris, France;
(e) Association des Indsutriels de Belgique (A.I.B), Brussel, Belgium;
(f) Technischer Uberwachungs-Verein Wien, Wien, Austria;
(g) Schweizer Verein Von Dampfkesselbesitzern, Zurich, Switzerland; or
(h) Angpanneforeingen (The Swedish Steam Users' Association) Stockholm, Sweden.
11. Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, Japan.