FACTORIES AND MACHINERY (STEAM BOILER AND
UNFIRED PRESSURE VESSEL)
Regulation 33. Boiler houses.
(1) Every steam boiler house shall be of sufficient side to permit-
(i) the safe and efficient working and maintenance of the steam boiler;
(ii) ample space between the steam boiler and any other steam boiler, machinery, wall or
column, for inspection and repairs (including the removal of any tubes):
Provided that in the case of a vertical steam boiler there shall be a clear height not less
than three feet between the top of the steam boiler and the roof and in the case of any
other type of steam boiler there shall be a clear height not less than seven feet between
any platform or the top of any setting and the roof, as the case may be.
(2) The floor of every steam boiler house shall be kept at all times free of water and oil.
(3) Every part of any steam boiler house in the vicinity of any oil burning equipment shall be
impervious to oil and so graded as to prevent the accumulation of oil.
(4) Spaces at the top and sides of any steam boiler shall not be used for storage purposes,
neither shall any combustible material other than material used for firing any steam boiler be
stored or allowed to accumulate near it.
(5) The door of any boiler house shall not open inwards.
Copyright © 2004 PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.