FACTORIES AND MACHINERY (STEAM BOILER AND
UNFIRED PRESSURE VESSEL)
Regulation 68. Pipe Installation.
(1) Every pipe connected to a steam boiler or an unfired pressure vessel shall be adequately
supported. Supports shall maintain proper alignment of the pipe-line, withstand vibration and, with
the exception of anchor supports, permit free movement for expansion and contraction.
(2) Provision shall be made to accommodate pipeline expansion and contraction so far as
practicable other than by the use of special expansion bends or glands.
(3) Where special expansion bends or glands are used effective measures shall be taken to
anchor the pipes between such bends or glands and correctly distribute the expansion between
each bend or gland.
(4) Every expansion gland shall be provided with an adequate number of safety bolts.
(5) No expansion gland shall be used with superheated steam.
(6) Every pipe support or hanger shall so far as practicable be arranged adjacent to a pipe joint.
(7) Timber shall not be used for pipe anchors.
Copyright © 2004 PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.